Re: Save-load problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Save-load problem
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:52:02 -0500

On 30-Apr-2003, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

| I think it makes sense to at least warn users in "help save" about the way
| that ranges can get messed up in default saves.

Instead of that, I changed the ascii save function so that if you try
to save a range that has a non-integer base, limit, or increment,
Octave will save the range as a matrix instead.  Since it is saving in
text instead of binary, it may still not preserve the exact values of
the range, but it will at least preserve the number of elements.

If the base, limit, and increment are all integers, then I think it is
safe to save just those three values.  No information should be lost
in that case.

jwe