Re: Calling other functions from .oct files

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: Re: Calling other functions from .oct files
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 01:03:57 -0500

Here is a code snipet that works (or did back when I wrote it)

  ColumnVector NumRands(2);
  NumRands(0) = 9000;
  NumRands(1) = 1;
  octave_value_list x;
  x(0) = octave_value(NumRands);
  string ranfunc = "rand"
  unis = feval(ranfunc,x,1);

Heber

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 10:32 PM, Peter Williams wrote:

Hi everyone,
        I'm starting to do some work with .oct files and I need a little
guidance.  The classes and structures document is very useful, but
what I want to do is call functions that I would normally use in a .m
from my C++ code.  I'm not really sure how to go about this, or where
to look in the source for examples.
        If someone could point me in the right direction or give me a brief
example of how you would call "randn" from C++ source.  I know I can
use numerical recipies inside my own code to accomplish this, but I'm
curious how/if I can access the rand.cc source from my code.  Looked
through Da Coda, but I didn't see anything like this.

Thanks,
Pete Williams