octave-forge failure of ./configure

From: Mike Miller
Subject: octave-forge failure of ./configure
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 03:08:11 -0500 (CDT)

When I run ./configure in octave-forge, it gets through this...

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... mkoctfile

...then it spews many screenfuls of unusual lines that seem to imply
something has gone awry, and it ends with this:

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: error: Could not run mkoctfile

Does this mean there is something wrong with my mkoctfile?  I just made it
and it seemed to compile OK.  Most of the lines that I did not report
above said something about libstdc++.a.

Any suggestions?

Mike

--