oct files

From: branganj
Subject: oct files
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:31:49 +0100

Hi,
I have tried to dynamically link a function, but I get the following warnings:

With mkoctfile mpi_mm.cc  I get:

mpi_mm.cc: In function `class octave_value_list Fmpi_mm(const class
octave_value_list &, int)':
mpi_mm.cc:35: warning: unused variable `int nbytes'
mpi_mm.cc:133: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
`Fmpi_mm(const octave_value_list &, int)'

There is an oct file created, but in octave when I call the function it gives
:

error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have defined the function with DEFUN_DLD (mpi_mm, , ,"Parallel
multiplication of two matrices using mpi")

And execution is throug mpi_mm(0,0)

So I shouldn't be passing in any octave_value_lists??Or is it ok to leave it
blank??
Do I need to have a return value? Can this be an octave_matrix ? At the moment
I have it only printing out stuff, but I have tried with another type
returning an octave_matrix, but this doesn't get a .oct file created.

Any ideas????????
Thank-you,
Jill.