Re: Octave on a Free Software Conference

From: Peter Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Octave on a Free Software Conference
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:02:55 -0600

Agustin,
Since you'll be addressing people at a university, chances are that
they'll be interested in some educational software that I'm working
on. It's called Iode, and its purpose is to visualize some concepts
from engineering math that are hard to present on the blackboard.

You can find Iode at
        http://www.math.uiuc.edu/iode/

The mathematical core of Iode works with Octave as well as Matlab,
and there's a graphical user interface for Matlab as well as a
text-based user interface for Octave. The Octave interface doesn't
look quite as pretty as the Matlab interface, but functionally the
two interfaces are almost the same. The manuals and supporting
materials cover both versions, so that it's quite possible to use
Iode in a free software environment.
Cheers,
        Peter