Re: Octave on a Free Software Conference

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Octave on a Free Software Conference
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:41:53 +0000

  Hello,

I don't know if it qualifies as a success story, but my PhD's work was
implemented in octave, after the matlab licence expired in my lab.

  I work on 3D reconstruction and put some snapshots and VRML (Virtual
Reality Modeling Language) models on the page :

  http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/vrml-data/index.html

  Also, I put on octave-forge a tutorial on using a vrml browser to
display interactively 3D data directly from octave. There are a few
snapshots there and I can do some more if you like.

  Is that the kind of things you were looking for?

  Cheers,

  Etienne

PS : I just forwarded you a message from 2002/11/13 that jwe sent to
     octave-help, with lots of testimony.