fieldnames [was Re: Get names of variables in symbol table]

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: fieldnames [was Re: Get names of variables in symbol table]
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:38:45 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:

(which reminds me that we should probably have a
fieldnames function for Matlab compatibility...).

octave-forge already has it, but it was from
the days before cell arrays were supported.
I added cellstr to octave-forge (which converts a
character array into a cell array of strings) and
redefined fieldnames as cellstr(struct_elements(x)).

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden