Re: moving from matlab to octave

From: Luis Ernesto Carrera Retana
Subject: Re: moving from matlab to octave
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:29:29 -0600

Hello.

I'm new in the list, and new using Octave, but i was trying to see

whats happens. I don't know this functions ode45 and lsode, but i was

seeing the help of both of them, and i found this:

About ode45 said:

[tout, xout] = ode45(F, tspan, x0, ode_fcn_format, tol, trace,

count)

Call: xprime = fun(t,x) where F = 'fun'.

t - Time (scalar).

x - Solution column-vector.

xprime - Returned derivative COLUMN-vector; xprime(i) =

dx(i)/dt.

and about lsode:

lsode (FCN, X0, T, T_CRIT)

XDOT = f (X, T)

where XDOT and X are vectors and T is a scalar.

observe first that the order of the inputs are different; later, the

function in the first case is f(t,x) and in the second case is

f(x,t). Both of this things are easy to fix. But the last one i don't

know how: in the first case we are talking about COLUMN-vector, while

in the second case about vectors.

I hope this could help, at least to know why this didn't work.

Anyway, why did you use different command in octave, if ode45 also

works in octave?

Yours:

Luis Carrera

Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica