Re: 3d plotting, griddata and deluanayn

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: 3d plotting, griddata and deluanayn
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 01:27:42 -0600

>I have some points given by x, y and z coordinates (roughly 13000 points),
>originating from some measured lines. The points are not measured on a
>regular grid, which complicates plotting.

>However, I have found a function called griddata, which seems to do what I
>want, but it in turn uses the function delaunayn, which I do not have. I have
>managed to find a cc file on the repoitory, bit I do not know how to compile
>it.

As Paul K. has mentioned you should first install the dynamic lib for qhull.
The Readme at sourceforge is a bit out of date. If you are on *unix* get the
most recent qhull (qhull2002.1) from:

http://www.thesa.com/software/download/qhull.html or
http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/qhull/

Now you have to build and install qhull. If libqhull.so is installed (e.g. in
/usr/local/lib) you can compile delaunayn.cc via

mkoctfile -v delaunayn.cc -lqhull

Bye Kai