Re: Clawpack + Octave?

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Clawpack + Octave?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:44:47 -0800

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 08:44 AM, Miquel Cabanas wrote:

my feeling from a fast *really fast* look at the code is that
it's quite portable, and that it doesn't use matlab specific stuff
(graphical interfaces and the like). Give it a try and post whatever
problem you face, indeed, the package authors might appreciate
your testing efforts.

Thanks to Paul Kienzle, I managed to get started. This is what I got when I tried to use Octave to view some Clawpack results.

octave:1> LOADPATH=":~/claw/matlab"
LOADPATH = :~/claw/matlab
octave:2> plotclaw1

plotclaw1  plots 1d results from clawpack
Execute setplot1 (default = no)?

Executing m-script undefined

error: `setprob' undefined near line 42 column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 37, column 1
error: near line 43 of file `/Users/jbthoo/claw/matlab/plotclaw1.m'
octave:2>

What other information should I try to provide here? Or what should I look at myself? Should I try to see what's near line 43 of "plotclaw1.m"? For what would I be looking?

Sorry for the questions. I hope to get the hang of sleuthing such things for myself in future. Cheers.

---John.