'cd' and tab completion

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: 'cd' and tab completion
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:34:42 +0100

Hello,

I used to push on tab for directory completion inside octave when I change of
current directory with 'cd'.

Is-it normal that this completion doesn't work for more than one level of
subdirectory (like in bash) ?
Is-it normal also that it doesn't recognize the keyword '..' to go up of the
current dir ? Same for '~' ?

I'm agree with you that this is a tiny problem for octavers, but it's a very
useful feature to travel through the directory tree specially when we have a
lot of data and scripts which are classified at various places.

Thanks,
Laurent.