Re: Make a video

From: Michael W. Martin
Subject: Re: Make a video
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:46:22 -0600

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 05:12 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:

I use OpenDX under Linux and Mac OSX to plot data on 2D and 3D meshes and make animations. If someone is interested I can post a script to convert data from matlab pdetool format (which I use for my octave programs) to dx format.

Same here. I use OpenDX under Mac OSX to plot data with 3 or more dimensions. For simple static 2D plots, gnuplot is quite suitable. However, for more complicated data visualization, opendx is an excellent open source tool. It is fairly easy to import an octave ascii text file into opendx and then plot it accordingly.

Michael W. Martin                   Phone: (281) 333-2177
Draper Laboratory                   FAX:   (281) 333-5276
2200 Space Park Dr.                 EMail: address@hidden
Houston, TX 77058                   WWW: http://www.jsc.draper.com/
USA                                 Mail Code: EG/Draper