plot and temporary files

From: Pascal A. Dupuis
Subject: plot and temporary files
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 04:41:41 -0600

Hello,

when I perform a lot of plots with octave, it generates temporary
files in /tmp with name 'oct-something'. It may eventually fill it up
and then gnuplot stop working with strange messages. Is there some setting
to have octave or gnuplot remove unneeded temporary files ? I use
octave-2.1.39 and gnuplot 3.7pl2 on debian sarge, but I don't think the
problem is limited to those versions. And making /tmp bigger is
definitively not an option.

Best regards

Pascal Dupuis

--