save overhead when call functions?

From: Shengchao Li
Subject: save overhead when call functions?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:35:15 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,
  I am wondering if there is some way to save the overhead when make calls
to functions. I have to call a function to process several big matrices,
by h=thefunction(A,B,C,D,E,F). Each matrix is of the sise 400x400. I
read octave document and learn that the matrices are copied to the
function so there is a lot of overhead. I think there may be two ways to
save the overhead (as in c,), one is to use macro, or inline functions,
one is to pass only pointers to functions rather than to copy the matrices
themselves. But how do I do this in octave? Thanks

shengchao