Re: how to edit and run a file in octave

From: Mark P. Esplin
Subject: Re: how to edit and run a file in octave
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:59:00 -0600

Maybe I don't understand the question, but assuming that you were just wanting
to run a simple octave script.  Prepared your script with any text editor.
If the name is "hello.m".  Start octave and type "hello".

You can also run it from the command line with "octave hello.m", or on a unix
system you  put "#!/usr/bin/octave" on the first line of your script and make
the script executable.

I also have a question maybe someone can help we with.  From the command line
how do I run an octave script and then transfer control to the octave
interper so I can interact with the results without exiting back to the
command line when the script finishes?