Memory usage

From: David Pruitt
Subject: Memory usage
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:53:26 -0600

I have an octave program that calls many self-written functions as well as octave functions.  The program consumes a very large chunk of memory – (~750MB, many times more than I can rationalize based on the matrix sizes).  The code runs over several minutes and the memory usage grows nearly linearly over time.  I’m guessing that memory is not being released as data are passed to and from functions.

My questions:

  1. Is there some clever way to track the memory consumption with greater detail?
  2. Must I compel octave to release memory on return from a function?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

David Pruitt, PhD

Ashdon Investment Analysis and Reseach, LLC

Phone: 931.695.3220

Mobile: 931.639.2477

Fax: 931.695.5545

e-mail: address@hidden