Re: Strings not compatible with Matlab?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Strings not compatible with Matlab?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:30:55 -0800

I'm  having a hard time to get started with octave. I've tried args
('hello') first on Mac and then on PC:

[Henry-Mollets-Computer:~] mollet% octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.35 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.2).
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 John W. Eaton.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details, type `warranty'.

octave:1> args ('hello')
error: `args' undefined near line 1 column 1
error: evaluating index expression near line 1, column 1

SAME result on PC with GNU Octave-version 2.1.36 (i686 - pc - cygwin)
Henry