ginput in cygwin

From: Alex Oudshoorn
Subject: ginput in cygwin
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:04:57 +0100 (CET)

I'm trying to get ginput to work for octave. I have installed cygwin and
the octave-2.1.36-ATLAS-P3SSE1-gnuplot-octaveforge.tar.bz2 package.
ginput is supposed to respond to clicks in the xwindows window. When I
call ginput it is not responding to any clicks anywhere.

Is ginput supposed to work in the cygwin environment? What might I be
doing wrong?

I'm really searching for a ginput implementation that respondes to clicks
in the pgnuplot window, which is not xwindows.

Can anyone tell me how to install pgplot for octave/cygwin and implement a
ginput functionallity?

thanks for your help.