Re: Editing files, indexing operations...

From: James Frye
Subject: Re: Editing files, indexing operations...
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:27:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Why not just fix things so that Octave is compatible with Matlab?

Well, that would certainly be my preference :-)  Then the programs I have,
which do work in Matlab, would also work in octave without me having to
fiddle around with them at all, and I could get back to what I'm supposed
to be doing.  And if you could have it done sometime in the next few days,
please :-)

However, the message I got was that octave wouldn't allow a whole program
(or multiple functions) to be packaged in one file, with the implication
that this WAS a case of octave doing something better than Matlab.  Which
would seem to leave me SOL as far as using octave: I could introduce minor
fixes such as the end in array index stuff without anyone complaining, but
if I did something as major as breaking all the scripts into multiple
files, the people around here would like me a lot less than they
do now :-)

Thanks,
James