compiling octave-2.1.40

From: Eugenio SEGUIN
Subject: compiling octave-2.1.40
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:26:06 -0300

Hi, when I run make in octave-2.1.40, I have de follwing error
message:

/usr/bin/ld:
pass1: 'libcruft.so' is specified as both an input and output file, this
is not allowed.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libcruft.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/eseguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.40/libcruft'
make[2]: *** [libraries] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/eseguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.40/libcruft'
make[1]: *** [libcruft] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/eseguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.40'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The systen is: alphaev67-dec-osf5.1 and I compiling with gcc-3.2

Can somebody help me.

Thanks in advance.

                    CarlosEugenio SEGUIN
           Assistant Proffesor - Civil Engineer Departament
                National University of San Juan -  Argentina
Carlos Eugenio Seguin
e-mail:address@hidden
Tel/Fax: 0264 - 4230942