Are functional objects (functors/closures) possible?

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Are functional objects (functors/closures) possible?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:51:36 -0500

Hi,

I am using Octave 2.1.36 for the "lsode" ODE solver.  The ODE I want
to solve is a function of many parameters.  Is there some way to pass
in these parameters to the function to be used durring the "lsode"
running?

The only thing I can think of is to use globals.

If octave supported functional objects, (aka functors, aka closures,
aka currying) then I could create an instance of "f" which stores the
values of its parameters.  Searching google and the ML archives I
didn't find anything.

If octave doesn't support this directly, is there a way to use C++
functional objects (ie, objects with an operator()()) through writing
a dynamically loaded .oct file?

Thanks for any help,
-Brett.