Problem with octave oregonator.oct example: Octave, version 2.1.39 under

From: Johann Drexl
Subject: Problem with octave oregonator.oct example: Octave, version 2.1.39 under SuSE 7.3/gcc version 2.95.3
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:08:00 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to compile he oregonator.oct -Example in Octave.
I'm using Octave, version 2.1.39 under SuSE 7.3/gcc version 2.95.3 .

I compiled Octave using configuration with
 ./configure --enable-shared
to enable the use of shared libraries.

I can compile the hello.cc example with:
  mkoctfile  hello.cc
and generate the hello.oct File.
This runs nicely in octave:
octave:1> hello
Hello, world!

But when I try the same for the oregonator.oct example octave crashes:
 octave:2> oregonator
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault

I also tried compiling with the option
 mkoctfile -DHAVE_OCTAVE_21 -s -v oregonator.cc
but the result is the same.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
        Johann