Load data with comments into structure

From: Iago Mosqueira
Subject: Load data with comments into structure
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:03:51 -0000

Hello,

I want to load some ascii datafiles into a structure, with each column going
into one variable, and use, if posible, the names in the comment line at the
top for each field within the structure. I have found a couple of functions
that could modified to do this, but I was wondering what ideas or suggestion
people could make about the best, and most portable, way of going about
this.

Many thanks,

iago