Re: sys2tf seems broken in 2.1.38

From: Nicholas Piper
Subject: Re: sys2tf seems broken in 2.1.38
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:24:47 +0000

On Fri, 01 Nov 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  1-Nov-2002, Nicholas Piper <address@hidden> wrote:

> | Is this the right place to submit these errors, or should I use a bug
> | mailing list ?

> It would be better to send bug reports to the bug-octave mailing list.

My next post will be to bug-octave.

> | (It's possible I'm in error to try and call the
> | functions I did, so maybe not :-) )

> No, Octave should not be calling internal Lapack routines with invalid
> parameters, so it is definitely a bug, but there's not enough
> information above for me to reproduce the problem.  What are the
> values of k and m?  I could guess, but I'd probably just guess wrong
> and waste time.

I'm sorry; that was obvious.

Pasting this into an Octave reproduces the bug, if two of the three
commands after are also entered.

k=3;b=2;f=9.81;m=10;
A=[0 1; -k/m -b/m];B=[0;1/m];C=[1 0];D=[0];
sys = ss2sys(A,B,C,D);

step(sys) -> Error
sysout(sys,'tf') -> Error
sysout(sys) -> Works

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F