Re: NaNs in ascii

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: NaNs in ascii
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:11:14 -0400

Actually, I believe octave relies on libc to read/write.  I'm guessing
cygwin uses msvcrt for its scanf since 2.1.37 fails to read NaNs on
cygwin.

With the recent introduction of NA for missing data, we will have to
replace scanf with one of our own making, presumably lifting it from
glibc and extending it to handle NA.  I'll check tonight if it is
easy enough to extract.

Any idea how R handles NA?

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden