Re: Octave for Windows updates

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows updates
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:04:45 -0400

I have been using this build and I really like it. Especially the way
it doesn't interfere with cygwin.

Two comments:
1. It can be make significantly smaller. I think you can almost halve
the file size by removing unnecessary stuff.

2. Octave starts up really slowly (on two different w2k machines) in an rxvt.
However, if I start in in a shell instead
"C:\Program Files\GNU Octave\bin\sh.exe" -e /bin/octave_startup.sh
it starts almost immediately.
Has anyone else seen this? Do you know why?

andy

Agustin Barto wrote:

Your right. Sorry about that. I think I'll change the name of the package name to

octave-2.1.36-YYYYMMDDSS.exe

starting from

octave-2.1.36-2002092400.exe

If someone has a better idea, please let me know. I'll be changing the file this afternoon (afternoon on gmt-3).