Re: Setting Precision

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Setting Precision
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:15:37 -0400

To change the displayed precision you can use the following:

octave:3> output_precision = 3
output_precision = 3
octave:4> pi
pi = 3.14

To change the calculated precision, you can try using the symbolic
toolbox available from octave-forge (http://octave.sf.net).  I say
"try" because it doesn't work like I expect, but I don't know if that
is a bug in my expectations or in the code:

octave:40> symbols
octave:41> digits(3)
ans = 3
octave:42> x = vpa(pi)