Re: problems compiling 2.1.36 on solaris 8 with gcc-3.2

From: Sam Ducksworth
Subject: Re: problems compiling 2.1.36 on solaris 8 with gcc-3.2
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:39:53 -0500

john,

i got it. i had hosed up my build environment in such a way that is was still trying to use suns sed instead of gnu sed. after working that out i was able to build octave without any errors!!!

thanks for all help

--samd

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 17-Sep-2002, Sam Ducksworth <address@hidden> wrote:

| sorry for the delay had a few other non-related problems i had to fix | first. also installed gnu sed but that did not fix the problem.

Did you delete the .df files before running make again?  Are you sure
you are running GNU sed?  It should not have line limits that would
cause trouble like this.  Mumit reports that it does solve the
problem.  So why does it not work for you?

jwe