OfW: cygwin1.dll modification

From: abarto
Subject: OfW: cygwin1.dll modification
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:54:20 -0300

Having told so many people to RTFM, I should have done that. I read the FM
and figured out how to compile the modified version of cygwin1.dll. The new dll
reads its configuration from "GNU Octave" instead of "Cygnus Solutions" (I
was going to choose "GNU/Octave" but I didn't want to break other versions of
ofw).

This makes the package completely stand-alone. I'll add a fresh from cvs
version of gnuplot and make an alternate atlas optimized version for p3 of the
package.

There are some issues remaining:

1) Should I keep the pdf manual? I'll remove the spanish matlab 4.2 tutorial
from the public package but I thought the manual could be useful.
2) I'll start to strip down each package (i.e. delete files) to make the
package
smaller.
3) I'll make a patch for the cygwin1.dll source as soon as I learn how to do
that :)
4) Test the package on different platforms.

Agustin