Re: exponential fitting

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: exponential fitting
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:39:07 -0600

Hi Grundmann,

I had to solve a similar problem: y = c1*exp(a*(t-t0) -c2*exp(b*(t-t0)) . I ended up using Ettiene Grossman's "minimize" function which accomplishes the same task as fmins. minimize comes in the octave-forge package.( http://octave.sourceforge.net ) For my problem it was excruciatingly slow but worked. It was slow more because my problem is very badly behaved when a ~= b.

Hope this helps,

Ben Sapp.