Re: More on Octave 2.1.36 for Windows

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: More on Octave 2.1.36 for Windows
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:51:26 -0400

Agustin,

Could you post the instructions that you are using to build a NSIS based
octave-windows installer?

Some other brief questions:
1. Are the octave-forge extensions included with your package?
2. Do you include ATLAS optimizations?

Thanks

andy

Agustin Barto wrote:

I've been collecting the your responses to my "cry for help". The most common requests were:

1) To be able to choose the installation directory.
2) To change the icon.
3) Keep an eye con some problems with gnuplot for win32.

This is what I am right now:

1) Nsis can handle the selection of the directory and the modiciation of the registry according to the user request. Cygwin has no problem with spaces on the directory's name (in my case: "C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.36\" and "C:\Archivos de Programa\GNU Octave 2.1.36"). The problem is that Octave thinks that there are escape characters on that string so I can't use nsis to generate the correct octaverc. My options are * Make a program to translate the paths and generate all the directory dependant files. (Peace of cake. I can do this in a couple of minutes and call it from within the nsis installer). * To use another installer generator. It'll have to be able to translate the \s to /s.

2) I did a couple of prototypes with the Gimp last night. I still have to scale them and reduce the palette. Any contributions on this matter are welcome.

3) Some people told me that they had problems with the win32 version of gnuplot. I tried to recreate the situations and the problems didn't appear. Just in case I'll try to recompile gnuplot (the cygwin and the win32 versions).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll send a new message as soon as I have this lil problems solved.