Re: Simple oct function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Simple oct function
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:56:07 -0500

On  8-Aug-2002, Iago Mosqueira <address@hidden> wrote:

| OK, thanks to John Eaton and Andrei Romanenko the function looks like this,
| but although it compiles fine, when I call it from octave I get a relocation
| error: udefined symbol in addone_ and octave crashes.
|
| Any idea?

How did you compile it?

  mkoctfile addone.cc addone.f

??  If both files are named addone, you'll have some trouble, because
one of the .o files will overwrite the other, I think.  Try renaming
the Fortran file to something else, say add1.f, and then

  mkoctfile addone.cc add1.f

should work (it did for me, with Octave 2.1.x).

jwe