Re: postscript octave plots display incorrectly?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: postscript octave plots display incorrectly?
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:35:32 -0500

On 27-Jul-2002, Kent Lundberg <address@hidden> wrote:

| Besides, it is my opinion that there is something wrong with the
| postscript graphics routines in octave (or perhaps gnuplot) if it produces
| postscript that looks different on-the-screen versus on-the-page, and if
| that postscript is non-standard in such a way that lines disappear when
| converted using standard tools.

There are no postscript graphics routines in Octave, so the bug is
most likely in gnuplot.

You can find out exactly what commands Octave sends to gnuplot by
setting

  gnuplot_binary = "cat > FILE"

and then running your plot commands and looking at what ends up in
FILE.

With this information, it should be relatively easy to reproduce the
problem using only gnuplot, and then to generate a useful bug report
for the gnuplot maintainers.

jwe