Re: Windows network installation

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Windows network installation
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:14:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Mark Veraar wrote:
> I installed octave-windows-2000oct25d.exe in Windows 2000. That's the most
> recent version of Windows Octave I think?

Octave windows builds are based on cygwin, which mounts the
root directory "/" to somewhere in the windows folder heirarchy.

For octave-windows-2000oct25d.exe, I believe / maps to
C:\program files\gnu\octave.

You can't cd .. below /.

However, cygwin understands normal windows paths, so you can
say.

cd "C:/path/to/somewhere"

or even

cd "D:\\path\\to\\somewhere\\else"