Inferior Octave hangs under XEmacs

From: Donald L. Kunz
Subject: Inferior Octave hangs under XEmacs
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:56:04 -0500

I am running the latest Cygwin (1.3.11) installation under Windows 2000 Pro,
with XEmacs 21.4.8 installed from binaries and Octave 2.1.33 compiled from
source.  When I invoke "M-x run-octave", XEmacs hangs.  However, Octave runs
fine from an XEmacs shell buffer.  From what little diagnostic work I have
been able to perform (not knowing how to debug Lisp), the Inferior Octave
buffer has been created and Octave has started when XEmacs hangs.  A typical
backtrace is shown below.

Signaling: (quit)
  accept-process-output(#<process "Inferior Octave" pid 1152 state:run>)
  inferior-octave-startup()
  run-octave(nil)
  call-interactively(run-octave)
  command-execute(run-octave t)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

If anyone has had any experience with this, or knows how I can fix the
problem, please let me know.  Thanks.

Don

Donald L. Kunz, PhD, PE
Consultant - Westar Corporation
204 Jacobs Run
Yorktown, VA  23692-2864
address@hidden
(757) 880-7092  Mobile Phone
(757) 872-6289  Home Phone
(757) 865-4835  VCES Phone
(757) 865-4852  VCES Fax
Work diligently, as if success depends only on you.
Walk humbly, knowing that success depends only on God.