templates and DLD functions

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: templates and DLD functions
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:11:58 -0600

Hi,

Does any one know what is required to use templates in DLD functions for
octave?  A general explaination would be appreciated.   If not some help with
my specific problem would also be great.

I have tried to implement a class that is a subclass of
octave_base_matrix<ex_matrix>  where ex_matrix is a type I have defined.

In the .h file I have:
#if defined (__GNUG__)
#pragma interface "ov-ex-mat.h"
#endif

In the .cc file I have:
#if defined (__GNUG__)
#pragma implementation "ov-ex-mat.h"
#endif

later, I also have
template class octave_base_matrix<ex_matrix>;

It all compiles without complaint.   Then when I try to use the file I get an
error like this:
undefined symbol:
subsref__t18octave_base_matrix1Z9ex_matrixGt12basic_string3ZcZt18string_char_traits1ZcZt24__default_alloc_template2b1i0RCt6SLList1Z17octave_value_list

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277