3 questions about octave

From: scherer
Subject: 3 questions about octave
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:21:39 -0500

Dear Sir
I am using OCTAVE as main language in my course on Computer Methods for
Physics.
Some programs which have originally been written for MATLAB are now used
with
OCTAVE. The folowing difficulties apear:
1) After the  commentary lines (lines starting with %) I start the
program with:
      clear;   help name ;  (assume name.m is the name  of the script
file)
     The answer is  ' is not documented  (instead of the comentary
lines); What am I
     doing wrong? How can I have the commentary lines written on the
screen?
2) The instruction:  legend('name of first line', 'etc')  is not
accepted. How do I put
      legends on the lines of my plot?
3) How can I have a second plot on the screen without deleting the
previous one, i.e.,
      on a separate window, as when one writes "figure; plot(.....)" in
MATLAB ?

I thank you very much, in advance,  for your answer.

Claudio Scherer