Re: How to debug?

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: How to debug?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:02:38 -0500

Hi Ben,

I think you need to type

dbg_set("test","1")
or
dbg_set test 1

instead.  The ".m" is implied.   The debugger is not documented any where.
As a matter of fact the names have recently changed to be more Matlab
compatible.  So, for example, be warned that dbg_set is now dbstop in the
CVS.   The best place to look is in the src/debug.cc file which all these
functions are defined in(except for dbg_next and dbg_step mentioned below).

Once you hit the breakpoint it is just as if you had put the keyborad command
at that line in the function.  So, to continue you need to say "exit".  If
you want to go to the next line in the same function you can type dbg_next.
If you want to go to the next line in any function you can type dbg_step.
Neither of these are documented at all.  That is, unlike dbg_set, help
reveals nothing about these two functions.

Good luck.

Ben Sapp.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277