symbol referencing error

From: CHi Hsin Wu
Subject: symbol referencing error
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:24:58 -0500

Hi there,

I was trying to comiple octave-2.0.17 on my Sun Workstation
"SunOS 5.8 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine".

It has the following errors:

dgesvd_                             ../liboctave/liboctave.a(dbleSVD.o)
dgeev_                              ../liboctave/liboctave.a(EIG.o)
dgemv_                              ../liboctave/liboctave.a(dColVector.o)
dgelss_                             ../liboctave/liboctave.a(dMatrix.o)
zgesvd_                             ../liboctave/liboctave.a(CmplxSVD.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to octave
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [octave] Error 1

Is there any library I should install first?  If so, please give me the pointer
to the location of that source file.

I'd appreciate for your help.

chihsin