parallel octave

From: Anand
Subject: parallel octave
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:39:27 +0500 (GMT+0500)

I was wondering if someone can tell me how to run octave on a Linux
cluster. A few months ago, as I vaguely recall, a paper appeared on the
internet (xxx.lanl.gov) on a MPI implementation of Matlab. Does anybody
know if something similar can be done with Octave ?
Also, please look at http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb_eng
for the MPI toolbox for Matlab.

My other problem is the following:
I installed Octave with the disable-readline option. A few weeks later, I
got hold of the readline 4.2 library and installed it. Even this does not
solve the problem. Is this the reason why I cannot recall the previous
commands with the up-arrow key.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Anand.