Installing Debian binaries

From: John Bauman
Subject: Installing Debian binaries
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:18:34 -0400

Hi. I'm new to Linux and Octave both. I tried to install version 2.0.16 off of
Debian's site, and it seemd to install alright (no error msg's). But when I try
and run it, I get the error:

octave: relocation error: /usr/lib/octave-2.0.16/liboctave.so: undefined
symbol: screenheight

Can anyone give me advice on how to right the ship?

Thanks, John.

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp