problem with function

From: Anand
Subject: problem with function
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:52:03 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am a newbie to octave. I wrote a function findY.m (attached at the
end) in 2.1.35 which calculates y given x and other parameters passed as
vectors.

I intend to call this function from a main program called beta.m
When I test it at the command line, it returns the correct value of y but
has some error/warning messages as shown :

>> findY (a, b, usd, lsd, 3.0)
warning: time stamp for
`/dsk1/student/anandss/PN2/Cprogs/Ver3/Octave/findY.m' is in the future
warning: near line 178, column 1:

>>> findY (a, b, usd, lsd, 3)

ans = 1.1344

Also, the function has only about 32 lines. Why am I getting an error on
line 177 ? I'd appreciate suggestions for writing functions.

I get similar error/warnings when called from the main program.

Thanks,
Anand.

--------------------------- Function -------------------------------
function y = findY (a,b,usd,lsd,x)