Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Andreas Helms
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:25:32 +0200

You can do it the following way:

focal_length = 100.0;
stmt = sprintf ("gset title \'Cavity coupling (focal length = %f)\' ",...
                          focal_length)
eval(stmt)

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 15:14, Eoin Phillips wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to include variables in gset commands?
>  Ideally I'd like to have something like:
> gset title "Cavity coupling (focal length = %f)"
>
> where f is an Octave variable.  A similar command gives the following
> error:
> octave:26> gset title wbeam;
> octave:27>          line 0: undefined variable: wbeam
>
> octave:28> wbeam
> wbeam = 0.0020000
>
> So wbeam is definitely defined as a real scalar, but telling gnuplot to
> use it seems to be the problem.  Any ideas?
>
> Eoin

> http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Lehrstuhl Astrophysik   mailto:address@hidden
Universitaet Potsdam    http://www.astro.physik.uni-potsdam.de/~helms
D-14469 Potsdam         ftp://ftp.astro.physik.uni-potsdam.de/pub/helms
Phone: +49 331 977 1556  FAX   : +49 331 977 1107