Re: help needed to install octave-2.0.16 on solaris 2.8

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: help needed to install octave-2.0.16 on solaris 2.8
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:13:31 -0500

Are you compiling octave with GCC? the error messages look gcc-like,
but I can't tell for sure. In any case, I'd encourage you to use
octave 2.1.36; I believe that calling it a 'development version' is
scaring people away from using it;

In my opinion, it would be appropriate to freeze 2.1.36, and
re-release as 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 after a decent interval.  I believe that
the recent 2.1.x versions have all the advantages and none of the
disadvantages over 2.0.16. Perhaps the only problem that I can see
with releasing 2.2 is the documentation, which tends to describe/refer
to 2.0 series.