Re: Euler

From: Rene Rebe
Subject: Re: Euler
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 15:16:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

I also think gnuplot is too limited. Since I need s.th. Matlab
compatible fot the university, I started to use kmatplot with octave:
http://kmatplot.sourceforge.net/

It installs some support-libraies for octave -> so it can be
immediately be used in octave.

On: 06 Apr 2002 14:49:53 +0200,
    Martijn Brouwer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> A question for especially the developers of Octave. I am using Octave
> for quite a few months now. There are a lot of things I like about it:
> syntax, flexibility, some compatibility with Matlab. But I consider the
> graphical possibilities quite limited, and searching the mailing list, I
> found that I am not the only one. There have been discussions on this
> topic a few times.
> The advantages of using an existing program for plotting are obvious.
> But gnuplot is in my opinion a little awkward to use, and limited in its
> possibilities.
> This week I came across Euler on internet http://euler.sourceforge.net,
> a program written by Rene Grothman and ported to gtk by Eric Bouchare.
> It does not have extensive functionality but its graphics are great.
> Would it be a nice idea to use the graphics engine of euler for Octave.
> Or to create a program consisting of the core of Octave together with
> the interface and graphics engine of Euler?
> Maybe I am too naive, and is this impossible, but when it would be
> possible a killer app could be created.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Martijn Brouwer

k33p h4ck1n6