Re: saving lists as .bin or .mat file

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: saving lists as .bin or .mat file
Date: 08 Mar 2002 08:52:25 -0700

Just following up my own previous post...

It turns out I was able to find a way to save my list by converting it
to a structure, but only if I saved in the matlab binary format.

In addition, what I said about the strangeness associated with loading
the octave binary file is not entirely correct.  It turns out I was
saving my session in the (unknown to me) default "ascii" format.  Octave
still can't seem to save lists (or structures, for that matter) to its
own binary format, but all that stuff about variable names getting
reassigned is only true if one saves in ascii format.

-EJR