Re: octave equivalent for 'hold'

From: Michael W. Martin
Subject: Re: octave equivalent for 'hold'
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:37:02 -0600

On Tuesday, February 19, 2002, at 09:35 AM, Martijn Brouwer wrote:

I am rewriting a program from Matlab style graphical commands to Gnuplot
style commands, since 'hold' is buggy.
My problem is that I cannot find the Gnuplot equivalent for 'hold'. Who
helps?

Odd, I do not recall having had any problems with 'hold' off hand. In any case, the Gnuplot command to overlay another plot onto the existing plot(s)
 is "replot"

For example the Gnuplot commands

        plot sin(x)
        replot cos(x)

The above will first plot the sin(x) and then plot cos(x) on the same graph

In octave the same sort of thing is achieved by:

        a = linspace(-10,10, 100);
        b = sin(a);
        c = cos(a);
        plot (a,b)
        hold
        plot (a,c)

Michael W. Martin                   Phone: (281) 333-2177
Draper Laboratory                   FAX:   (281) 333-5276
2200 Space Park Dr.                 EMail: address@hidden
Houston, TX 77058                   WWW: http://www.jsc.draper.com/
USA                                 Mail Code: EG/Draper