Linking C++ classes in non-octave applications

From: Jan D'hooge
Subject: Linking C++ classes in non-octave applications
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:31:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to the octave source code but I thought of using (part of) it as
a basic vector/matrix/arrays C++ library. I compiled the Octave
libraries without too much problem but linking them with my own
applications doesn't seem soo straight forward.

Has anyone ever tried to create this kind of library from the Octave
classes? Wouldn't it a good idea to do so? There aren't any good, free
algebra libraries available from the net to my knowledge. Of course, I
wouldn't mind doing this (as I need them myself) but some additional
documentation on the C++ classes would be practical. Is more available
on the structure of the classes and how they inter-relate?

Thanks,

Jan.