Re: building octave forge

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: building octave forge
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:01:39 -0600

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:41:23PM +0100, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
> When I try to compile octave-forge-2001.11.02, I get error messages,
> referring to missing semi-colons, missing header files and that kind of
> programming errors.
> Are there people out there who have been able to build octave-forge?

Try

   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=octave-forge

which has all the detailed logs for all of Debian's build architectures. So
yes, with 2001-11-02 snapshort, we have building it automatically on i386
plus six other platforms, and I need to fix the gcc/g++ 3.0 related issues
for hppa and ia64.

> At the moment I cannot test older versions since the octave-forge site
> at sourceforge is down.

You can grab the unaltered upstream source with or without the Debian diffs
from any Debian mirror.

Dirk

--
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
                                                            -- Fred Brooks