Re: Octave & Mac OSX

From: Pierre Vaudrey
Subject: Re: Octave & Mac OSX
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:04:56 +0100

Le mardi 12 février 2002, à 04:37 PM, A Scottedward Hodel a écrit :

Did you also install:
- gnuplot
- Xdarwin?
I install with Fink gnuplot & Xfree86

Octave uses gnuplot for its plotting.  Gnuplot requires X (windows as
opposed to Mac OS X) to display. I use the XDarwin package rather than the fink X installation, mostly because I couldn't get the latter to work on my
iBook.
 Can you please point me to reference web pages for XDarwin ?

I haven't yet had time to try using mkoctfile under OS X.

Web pages that would be good references for Octave installation/use on OS X
are:

http://homepage.mac.com/persquare/octave.html
http://www.mrcla.com/XonX/

I will go there !
[ ......]
--
A. S. Hodel 200 Broun Hall Dept Elect & Comp Eng, Auburn Univ AL 36849-5201
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte   334 844 1854  Fax: -1809

Pierre Vaudrey
email address@hidden